Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Jolie Holland @ Urban Lounge tonight

If you have heard Jolie Holland before you know that her usual sound is something you would probably hear in the back country hills of West Virginia. It is a sound I have loved for a number of years now, and it's what I was expecting when I saw that she was coming to SLC. However, I've since come to hear songs off her latest album "The living and the dead" and I've come to realize that things in the world of Jolie Holland have changed.



Her voice is still just as good as ever but now she has an entire band backing her up, rather than just her acoustic guitar. The album is also a lot more produced than her previous works, which is not necessarily a bad thing. After hearing the new album, I've forgotten all about the old stuff (that's not true at all, I love the old stuff, what am I talking about?), and I'm even more excited about the show.

I can't recommend that you go see Jolie at the Urban Lounge tonight. It's going to be a really great time. This you will have to trust me on. If it's not, I'll buy you a popsicle... in December.

Check her myspace, and go buy the album. Here is a video as always:

2 comments:

Dainon. said...

Once upon a time, Slowtrain was offering a free ticket to the show if you bought her new album over there. Maybe that offer still applies?

Tim Glenn said...

I just called, apparently it was limited time only. Too bad, that would have a been a great deal.

Thanks for the heads up though.