Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fredrik (did you know I like Swedish music)

This is probably getting to a point where it might be annoying. How much of the new music that I talk about on this site comes from Sweden?

90 percent?

Maybe. But I can’t change the way I feel! I love it, and I don’t care what you, or anyone else says! I’m my own person, and I’ll listen to incredible Swedish pop my whole life if I need to. Nobody puts Baby in the corner!

Moment of silence for Patrick Swayze’s cancer…

Moving on.



Fredrik, the latest in my Northern European infatuations, is someone you absolutely need to check out. That's easy to do, by the way, because you can stream their entire album on their website. Check out the first song titled "Black Fur" on their album “Na Na Ni” and you’ll be sold immediately. If you aren’t, well, my apologies.

Like many of the artists coming out of Scandinavia these days Fredrik is very creative, and use a multitude of instruments and musicians to make them work. Unlike many of the artists coming out of Scandinavia however, they don’t spit out straight up pop music that won't require a lot of thought. Many of Fredriks songs are dark, and moody, but still keep you hooked, and they won't bring you to a point of unrelenting boredom. They may not be Sweden's next big thing (I’m from Barcelona) but if you’re looking for some great indie pop, that you’ll want to listen to more than just a few times, check out Fredrik.

...and what would a blog post be without a video?


Fredrik - 1986 from The Kora Records on Vimeo.

No comments: