Friday, January 25, 2008

How many of you know?

How much I love My Morning Jacket? I mean really? Jim James, is there anyone cooler? I don't know, I just don't. He's got a voice that makes me want to fall in love with an animal, in a strictly platonic sense... I'm just rambling, that makes no sense.

The point that I'm trying to make is that Fleet Foxes is coming to Salt Lake, at the lovely Urban Lounge, in April. Am I happy about this? Yes. Am I willing to pay to go? Yes. Do I fall in love with Sub Pop bands on a regular basis? Yes. Do I want you to listen to Fleet Foxes, fall in love with them, and go to the show with me? I think that's pretty obvious.

I don't want to be too assuming here, but I think reverb is something that fleet foxes really enjoys. However, just like My Morning Jacket, Dan from Olé Bravo (did I really?), and to a lesser extent Band of Horses, the reverb sound absolutely works for Fleet Foxes. They're definitely not as electric, or should I say, um...they use a clean guitar the way it should be used, and they do it well.

As I'm sure this random babbling about the band may be slightly confusing to some, just check out their myspace (may I recommend the songs "Drops in the River" and "White Winter Hymnal"), buy the cd, do whatever it is you do and I'll see you at the show. Seriously, March and April are looking good for this city.

No comments: