Thursday, April 10, 2008

I have failed you bloggers


I can't believe I'm just now getting to this album... I'd like to blame it on school, or whatever else I like to blame things on, but this time I just dropped the ball, I should have owned and informed you of this album months ago. (As an aside, I've got a list of artists, and some ideas in my head for the near future, but it really is the last two weeks of school, and I don't have time for this!)

Thao Nguyen. She's awesome.

I could stop this post right there. One of my favorite memories is seeing Thao open for Laura Veirs in Berlin, Germany. It was just one of those things that sticks in your brain. I loved it, maybe I was happy to hear english speaking musicians, or music that was not rock-rap (the song butterfly by that awful band whose name I can't even think of was still being played on MTV in 2006!), either way I dug. So I'm totally biased, but...

In January Thao released a new album (with a full band) called "We Brave Bee Stings and All". For those of you who are already fans, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised and pleased with the new album, it's pretty much exactly what I would have guessed Thao with a full band would sound like. Happy, yet laid back, but sometimes totally upbeat music that just makes me want to eat straw, black, ras, blue, or some kind of berry and sit in the sun. Eat me!

OK, I may be losing my mind.

Just go check out Thao Nguyen and the Get Down Stay Down.

No comments: