Thursday, December 6, 2007

I love a lot. (sami p)


Well, this was difficult for me to figure out for two whole reasons: 1) there are a lot of good cds to love out there & 2) i'm one of the most indecisive people ever. That's why there is no order at all in the top five. I love all of them the most. So here goes everything. At the end of my list is Alex Bhore's list (drummer from The New Frontiers).

  • Andrew Bird-Armchair Apocrypha.
    So I actually started listening to Andrew Bird just this year...I know, right? I don't know how I was going on without listening to him. AND! listening to this cd. His vocals and style are amazing. There is really no other word for it. Everything about it is soothing and not to mention completely puts me in a nice mood, every single time. Favorite Song: Imitosis.

  • The Cinematics-A Strange Education.
    I first heard of The Cinematics this year at a show I had gone to. I was seriously blown away. This cd was exactly the same. Scott Rinning's voice is one of the most beautiful I have heard in a long time. He seems to sing with such little effort; everything is so natural. This cd has a wonderful mix of fast paced songs along with the slower ones and that is something I love in an album. I really don't know how else to explain except for it was just one that I needed. Favorite song(s): Human, Someday, Home.

  • Lovedrug-Everything Starts Where it Ends.
    First off, I have to say I know that some people (cough..chad..cough) think this album is one of the biggest disappointments but I love it. Maybe because I love, excuse me..adore, Lovedrug. But still, I personally thought this album had that same great Lovedrug sound from "Pretend You're Alive." I didn't need anything other than that. Favorite song: Everything Starts Where it Ends.

  • The Shins-Wincing the Night Away.
    The first time I listened to this album, I loved it immediately. I honestly can never get over James Mercer's voice. Everytime I listen to this album, or anyone of them in fact, I just go calm. What I enjoy about The Shins is that each album has it's own sound but stays the same Shins that I know and love so much. As for the lyrics I cannot even begin to say anything. So I won't. You'll have to get in my mind to find out...mahaha, oh good luck. Favorite song(s): Australia, Split Needles.

  • Modest Mouse- We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank.
    I never actually jumped onto the Modest Mouse boat until "The Ship". Just kidding. Actually not until around sometime last year but this album is what, I think, really got me. The intensity of Isaac Brock is completely mind blowing. I have never heard any other voice that is like his and I don't ever want to. He is one in his own which makes Modest Mouse what they are. The whole album is fabulous; every single second of it. I cannot even pick a favorite song. Every single song on the album is my favorite. I tried to choose but i can't do it. I ended up literally going through all the songs and picking everyone of them. I told you I was indecisive...
Oh, could I possibly say amazing or that i loved something so much one more time??? But there were really no other words to describe how I felt about each of these albums. Just love :)

Honorable Mentions:

Tegan and Sara - The Con
Brighten - King vs. Queen
Anberlin - Cities
The Lionelle - The Little Bee ep
Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare
Dear and the Headlights - Small Steps, Heavy Hooves

Biggest Disappointments:

John Mayer - Continuum (for not being released in 2007!!!!! haha i knew i could fit John in here somewhere..)
The Academy Is... - Santi

Alex Bhore's (drummer from The New Frontiers) top 5

Top 5 Albums of 2007:

1. Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
2. Blonde Redhead - 23
3. Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger
4. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Baby 81
5. Menomena - Friend and Foe

Honorable mention:

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Kenna - Make Sure They See My Face
The Perishers - Victorious

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never really listened to Andrew Bird but so many people have mentioned him to me, and since its showed up in so many top albums maybe I should